Investigación sobre el cáncer de mama
Descripción general del programa
The breast cancer research program at the Helen F Graham Cancer Center and Research Institute brings together a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, scientists, nurses and community educators to promote research aimed at improving breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship for women from all racial, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds. Program members have expertise in medical and surgical oncology, pathology, psychology, medical genetics, cellular signaling, molecular biology, immunology, chemical engineering, nanotechnology, epidemiology, outreach and supportive care.
Establish a breast center of excellence that uses our collective energies to: promote evidence-based breast cancer research, improve lives of breast cancer patients, and, eliminate disparities in breast cancer outcomes for all Delawareans.
To translate research findings to offer access to cutting edge care across all patient populations.
- Determine factors that contribute to differences in breast cancer incidence and outcomes across population groups in the state of Delaware.
- Improve treatment outcomes and increase participation in translational research by minority communities.
- Identify novel biomarkers that may serve as early predictors of cancer risk and recurrence.
- Develop new treatments for aggressive breast cancers.
- Develop new interventions to reduce side effects of current treatments.
- Develop early stage clinical trials that benefit patient populations.
Zohra Ali-Khan Catts, MS, LCGC.
Emily Day, Ph.D., University of Delaware.
April Kloxin, Ph.D., University of Delaware.
Scott Siegel, Ph.D.
Ramya Varadarajan, M.D.
Kenneth van Golen, Ph.D., University of Delaware.
Programa de Investigación sobre el Cáncer
Centro de Oncología e Instituto de Investigación Helen F. Graham
4701 Ogletown-Stanton Road, Newark, DE 19713 indicaciones