Rehabilitación de lesiones cerebrales y accidentes cerebrovasculares
How blessed you are that your father, or wife, or teenage child survived the stroke or traumatic brain injury and has progressed enough to continue recovering at home. How overwhelming that you now must find your way as the primary caretaker through this next step in the recovery process.
Brain injuries and the complications from stroke impact family members, loved ones and caregivers in significant and myriad ways. Just as every person’s brain is unique, every brain injury is different. One common thread that every family facing brain injury learns is that recovery truly is a process, one that works best with long-term planning and the commitment of everyone involved.
No family has to go through this alone. From inpatient care to outpatient care, Christiana Care’s Stroke and Brain Injury programs are uniquely designed to help each patient achieve the highest possible quality of life and independence — and to support caregivers in learning to help coach them through recovery. Our interdisciplinary team of stroke and brain injury experts regularly reviews each patient’s progress and adjusts treatment goals, openly communicates with family members and caregivers to ensure that coordination, communication and consistency remain priorities for each patient’s individualized treatment plan.
Our outpatient brain injury and stroke rehabilitation programs carry forth the recovery progress established by our regionally renowned Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)-accredited inpatient programs. Awarded the highest certification, each meets rigorous peer-reviewed standards of accountability and excellence in providing exceptional quality.
To help ensure that recovery continues to progress, we’re here to help with:
- Actividades de la vida diaria y entrenamiento de habilidades de la vida
- Rehabilitación de extremidades superiores
- Inmovilización con yeso o ferulización
- Reingreso a la comunidad
- Habilidades cognitivas funcionales
- Visual-perceptual therapy
- Programación del equilibrio
- Equipos de movilidad avanzada
- Entrenamiento de transferencia y marcha
- Programas de resistencia y fortalecimiento
Patología del lenguaje y el habla
- Swallow therapy including videos swallows and FEES testing.
- Terapia de la voz
- Speech and language skills retraining.
- Habilidades cognitivas basadas en el lenguaje
- Evaluaciones de pruebas completas
- Tratamiento y asesoramiento para personas y familias
- Manejo conductual
We can also help connect you with community-based services to help make life easier:
- Ayuda para la deficiencia visual
- Grupos de apoyo comunitarios
- Ayuda de transporte puerta a puerta
- Educación para conductores
- Administración financiera
- Ortopedia y prótesis
- Psiquiatría y asesoramiento
- Espasticidad y control de tono
- Rehabilitación vocacional
When healing from stroke or traumatic brain injury, recovery is measured differently for each patient. Let us help your family put the right plan in place to meet your goals.